Thursday, February 19, 2009

So tired

I have fed, clothed, changed, bathed, fed, diapered, delivered, picked-up, fed once again and played with my children today. I'm tired. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I asked for it and I still want it. But that doesn't mean I don't get tired.

Updates on the kids:
Grace is struggling with talking still. We are trying to get her tested for apraxia, a speech problem possibly stemming from her exposure to alcohol in the womb. She is enjoyed her hippo therapy (Hippo is Latin for horse for those of you confused like I was). She gets to do her physical therapy on the horse each Saturday and she is loving it! Her attitude is getting funnier by the day, she has a mean "stare you down" face that will be a killer on a 15 year old. Wow, I think I can wait for that.

Levi is getting an MRI soon and is loving his horse and hippo therapy. He is calm this week and is so good when I need a great big brother for the other kids. We talked about the daughters of Lehi and Ishmeal the other day. He kept wanting to read the story in the BofM because he thought it was so great! Wow! FHE rocks!

Sam is hillarious. He keeps us all in stiches and is such a snuggler with me. I don't know what I would do without my sunny dispositioned kid. He melts my heart.

Lia is babbling constantly and is talking more than Grace. We hope she will motivate Grace to start talking a bit more. Lia's hair is long enough for a trim! I'll take pictures. I'm nervous.

Ellie stayed home sick from school today, a bit of a fever. She snuggled with me, fought and played with her brother, took care of Lia and Grace and took a long nap. She is so fun to be with, I love my sweet oldest daughter.

BJ and I . . . we're tired. Happy, content, blessed and tired. Didn't someone I respect once say he hoped to wear out his soul in the service of God? Me too. God entrusted me with 5 of his amazing children, so being tired caring for them is a good thing.

I love my job.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Why is Levi getting an MRI?

I don't know how you do it. I'm exhausted with just 1! Ironically, it seems I'm more tired on the weekends when I'm home with Jr than when I work. I think it's easier to sit behind a desk than chase after a 2-year-old. :)